Friday, November 18, 2011

Turkey Pumpkin

Now is the best time to get pumpkins! The grocery stores still have plenty, and they are selling em super cheap! I got mine for 19 cents a pound, it totalled less than a dollar! Awesome!!

Wanting to make a craft for thanksgiving and try to capture a moment in time I decided to go ahead and do a handprint turkey. I used mine, Aubrey's and Daddys hand prints for the feathers. Just trace your hands on colored paper. We did 5 or 6 of each color of each hand. Then you tape them to the pumpkin. I used tape so the pumpkin won't mold from pricking it. I did smallest hands in front and biggest hands in back. Turned out totally sweet! Makes for a wonderful centerpiece and at the end of the season I can take the handprints and put them in the scrapbook. Then when Aubrey gets older I can say "here is how big you hand was when you were only tiny." Have fun with it and enjoy the holidays.
Gobble Gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment