Monday, July 18, 2011

My Garden Output

In March this year, I dug out a patch of garden space and planted several things including; blueberry bushes, lettuce, spinach, carrots, and onions. Well right after my seeds began sprouting and peeking above the soil, a friends dog dug up the majority of the sprouts. They felt awful so they replaced the lost sprouts with two bell pepper plants, two tomato bushes and four lettuce transplants.

Here is the garden back in May! Looks nice! So the Texas summer heat can be cruel to plants! I'll show ya what I mean...

Yeah, the lettuce bolted weeks ago, and the blueberry bushes are pretty much sticks... However the bell pepper plant is thriving! Also the carrots are looking good! Actually this evening I went out and was pulling grass around the carrots when I noticed a little orange head peeking outta the ground! So I pulled and...
This is what popped out! I have never grown anything really before. Especially nothing I could eat! 
 Aubrey decided to grab hold of the carrot and chase Maverick, the dog, around. She didn't realize it was food, she thought it was a stick! So while she was busy with that, I looked again and....
There was another carrot head in there! So exciting! I'm thinking tomorrow we are going to have carrots! Anybody know a good recipe? I'm thinking glazed carrots or shredded carrot salad... oh, or carrot cake!!

Because of this experience I have decided to make a list of the top 5 moments in my life:

1. Accepting Jesus Christ into my life
2. When Chris and I got married
3. Holding Aubrey for the first time
4. The first time I ever rode a bike, it felt like flying
5. Pulling my first carrot out of the ground

I hope this gave you a little insight into me and who I am! Getting to know my favorite bloggers is my favorite part of reading their blogs. Sure the creativity and ideas are awesome as well, but with out personality they'd all be the same! 

Thanks for dropping in,



1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I'm so jealous. My dad is always bragging (trying to get us to move closer) about the tomatoes, peppers and strawberries he has in the backyard. One day poor garden...(stupid apartments!) lol

    ReplyDelete