Vegan Mexican Stuffed Shells.
Now this recipe makes tons, enough for two batches of shells. I only made one batch and am making enchiladas with the leftovers for tomorrow. Just know you can make 40 shells with this recipe and freeze one batch and eat the other.
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 celery stalk, diced
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 yellow squash, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced
1 ear of corn, kernels cut off
3/4 cup broccoli florets
1 cup pinto beans, cooked
1 small can diced green chiles
1 pound "meat" crumbles (Or you could use cooked lentils which taste just as good and cost alot less)
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
20 - 40 jumbo pasta shells, boiled
1/4 pkg silken tofu
1/4 cup tofu sour cream
1 1/2 cup taco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Green onions, olives, and tofu sour cream to garnish
- Saute onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and celery til onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add water, squash zucchini, corn, broccoli, beans, chiles, "meat", chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer 10 minutes or til squash is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spread a layer of taco sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish.
- Boil pasta shells according to directions and drain.
- Combine tofu and sour cream in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- After meat mix is finished, take off heat and stir in sour cream mix. Spoon into shells and spread out in dish. Use remaining taco sauce and cover shells. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins, remove foil and spread cheese over shells and bake another 15 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions, and olives.