Sweet Potato Pasta Salad
1 large sweet potato, large dice
1/2 large onion, diced
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
4 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 head broccoli, florets and slice stalk
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 zucchini sliced
1/2 yellow squash sliced
1 1/2 cup black beans, cooked (or 1 can drained and rinsed)
1/8 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 box quino veggie curls pasta
2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 400F. Put sweet potato in a bowl and drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat and put on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stir half way. Should be fork tender.
- Boil pasta as stated in the directions. Try the quinoa pasta. I get it inexpensively at Sprouts or Whole Foods. After it is boiled, strain.
- In a saute pan, add onions carrots, and mushrooms. (I don't use oil because onions are full of it which is why I cry like a baby when I chop them) After onions are translucent, add broccoli, squashes, beans, garlic, and 1/4 cup water. Stir often, don't cover. Should cook up and become tender.
- In another bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, dry mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well. I prefer to put it in a little tupper ware bowl so I can put the lid on and shake it up. I also always make lots because it stays fresh in the fridge a long time. Make sure to taste test. My vinegar to oil ratio preference may be way different than yours.
- I a BIG bowl, combine the veggies, sweet potatoes, and the pasta. Add in the dressing. Half first, then more if needed. Stir in the spinach last. It will wilt a little. Serve warm. Sprinkle some nutritional yeast if you need the "cheese" effect.