Apricot and Blackberry Jam
3 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped apricots
3 cups blackberries
Juice and zest of 1/2 large lemon or whole small lemon
1/3 cup Truvia sweetener
1.2 oz low sugar or no sugar pectin
3/4 cup Truvia sweetener
1/2 cup sugar, turbinado (it helps cut the sweetener flavor. If you don't mind it, you can skip this)
- Combine 1/3 cup Truvia with pectin.
- Stir Apricots, blackberries, lemon juice, zest, and pectin together and put in stockpot. Bring to a hard boil. Stirring shouldn't disperse boil.May take 10-15 minutes.
- Add remaining Truvia and sugar and bring to a hard boil.
- Test the thickness of the jam (To do this I have a spoon in a glass of very icy water. I then dip it into the jam and it should be thick after a moment).
- Fill into jars and can if you like or keep in the fridge. Makes 2 pints and a partial.
See how chunky! Oh and it is so good. I ended up making another slice of toast after I polished these off just so I could eat more jam. Ha!