No but really this pizza was amazing! Chris went back for thirds and is looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow. His words "This is eggplant? like the purple vegetable, eggplant?!?" Yeah boy! So imma share my amazing life-altering (or at least taste-altering) recipe... Lucky you!
Grilled Eggplant Pizza
1 small eggplant
1 pound Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
About 15 fresh basil leaves chopped or 2 Tbls dried
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup crumbled feta
- If you are going to make your pizza dough from scratch (which I totally recommend) then you will need to make that early.
- An hour before you start cooking, slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Salt the slices on both sides and put on a cooling rack with a paper towel underneath. You want all the juice to drip off, it makes the eggplant bitter if you skip this step.
- Okay, so now heat your grill to medium high heat. Grill the eggplant for 3 minutes on each side. Let it cool enough to handle, then cut into slices.
- Turn down the heat on the grill to medium.
- Roll out your dough to a pizza sized circle, about 14 inches diameter. Sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom.
- Put your pizza bottom crust up for 4 minutes. Flip the pizza carefully. Spoon your sauce on the pizza, top it with the eggplant, basil, minced garlic, and feta cheese.
- Leave it on the grill for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the grill, cut with a pizza cutter, and serve with an awesome salad! Enjoy!
So what is one vegetable you hate? Because I promise I can come up with something awesome and delicious!!